- Introduction to Vegan Cooking
- How to stock your pantry
- Removing the Mystery Behind Disease - Recipes
- Healthy from Inside Out - Recipes
- 305C - Recipes
- Beans and Legumes
- Dips, Dressings, and Sauces
- Drinks, Shakes, and Juices
- Meat Substitutes and Tofu
- Soups and Stews
- Vegetable Dishes
- Natural Remedies
- 15.07.14 - Planned Parenthood Uses Partial-Birth Abortions to Sell Baby Parts
- 15.06.15 - Using Hand Sanitizer Can Increase Skin's Absorption of Dangerous Chemicals
- 15.06.26 - GMOs Not Tolerated in Russia
- 15.05.15 - World Population-Food Supply Balance Becoming Increasingly Unstable
- 15.05.11 - In September, the UN Launches a Major Sustainable Development Agenda for the Entire Planet
- 08.04.03 - Identical Twins' Genes Are Not Identical
- 13.06.24 - Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic
- 14.12.09 - Are Weather Warfare Assaults Devastating Noncompliant Countries Around the Globe?
- 14.01.28 - USA Today Columnist: Jail "anti-vac" Parents
- 14.03.10 - The Many Concerns of Using Antibiotics in Meat
- 16.01.29 - North America Bathed in Radiation from Fukushima, Levels now 1000x Above Normal for Alpha Particles
- Health Seminar Coming to Langley, BC
- 16.11.15 - Share this Breaking Story about Monsanto
- 14.02.20 - Global Food Supply Deliberately Engineered to End Life, Not Nourish It
- 13.08.10 - Scientists Discover That Plants Communicate via Symbiotic Root Fungi
- 15.05.22 - France to Force Supermarkets to Give Unsold Food to Charities
- Contact Us
Health Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water
Publish date: Jan 9, 2014
Summary: Lemons are vitamin C rich citrus fruits that enhance your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within bringing a glow to your face.
|Share with others:||
Lemons are vitamin C rich citrus fruits that enhance your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within bringing a glow to your face. One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. Lemon water flushes out body toxins and is extremely beneficial for the body. Warm lemon water serves as the perfect ‘good morning drink’, as it aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea, by ensuring smooth bowel functions.
Lemon, a fruit popular for its therapeutic properties, helps maintain your immune system and thus, protects you from the clutches of most types of infections. It also plays the role of a blood purifier. Lemon is a fabulous antiseptic and limewater juice also works wonders for people having heart problems, owing to its high potassium content. So, make it a part of your daily routine to drink a glass of warm lemon water in the morning and enjoy its health benefits. Read on for more interesting information on the benefits lemon water.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Lemon Water
Here are some health benefits of this particular beverage:
- Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies.
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial.
- It balances maintain the pH levels in the body.
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins.
- It has a synergizing effect on the body as it helps soothe the digestive system.
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile.
- It conditions and clenches the liver.
- It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases.
- It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid.
- It helps cure the common cold.
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
- It liquefies the bile and also helps regulate the excess flow of bile.
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
- It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver.
- It can help relieve the problem of indigestion and excess gas.
- In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
- In case of pregnant and lactating women, lemon juice will help build strong bones in a child, due to its calcium content.
- It helps dissolve gall bladder stones and other calcium build ups that are dangerous to the body.
- It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne.
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems.
- It aids in the reduction of phlegm (mucus) produced by the body.
- It has an alkalizing effect on the body.
- It helps control the speeding of unhealthy bacteria in the gut.
- Aids in the production of digestive juices.
- It helps purify the blood.
- Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session.
- It can treat a sore throat. Gargle with warm lemon water to help ease a sore throat.
Nutrition Value Of Lemons
A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories. It is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber. It also has medicinal values and antibacterial properties. It also contains traces of iron and vitamin A. Since it contains an elevated percentage of carbohydrates and sugars, avoid adding sugar to lemon juice.
Packed with all the goodness, make it a point to begin your day with a glass of warm lemon juice. Its cleansing and medical effects will have positive effects on your health in the long run. However it is very important to note that lemon juice when comes directly in contact with the teeth, can ruin the enamel on the teeth. Hence, it is advised to consume it diluted and also rinse your mouth thoroughly after drinking lemon juice.
Healthy Living Resources
Spirituality and Health
What's the right kind of Water for my Health?
Learn the eight laws of health that lead to an abundant life.
Dr. Rainda gives good advice on balanced living.
Why is building your blood important? What does it mean to cleanse your blood? The answers to these questions could prove instrumental in guiding you to better health.
Read about four important parenting tips from Ellen White to help develop a healthy family unit.
Moderate, monitored fasting can be part of a healthy detox regime.
Starting the day right involves a hearty, healthy breakfast.
How to Achieve a Perfect Combination
Learn what young coconut kefir is, in addition to all the wonderful benefits you will reap when consuming this ever so fabulous health tonic.
Everyone experiences stress. We cannot heal from stress without understanding it first, and learning to deal with it head on.
What is Candida? Candida is the short name used to describe yeast overgrowth in the body. The technical term is Candidiasis. Like their &...
Every private home should have charcoal on hand as a ready antidote for poisoning, and as a cleansing agent in infectious and various metabolic disturbances.
A healthy heart is crucial for a healthy life. So why don't we take better care of our hearts?
We keep our muscles strong and effective in the same way that we exercise our spiritual gifts and "prayer muscles" to keep them free from atrophy.
From burns to weak bones, raw honey can help.
Written in 1936 and still used as an essential reference today. Book Review.
Melons are more than just a sweet, juicy treat.
Learn the importance of iron in the diet and how to get enough iron the vegetarian way.
Learn why you should make chia seeds a part of your diet.
Epsom salt, or magnesium sulfate, has long been used as a home remedy for a variety of ailments. Added to bath water, it has been used to relieve colds, back pain, ease muscle tension and treat certain skin conditions.
A simple green algae food, chlorella, can help with dozens of health conditions.
Learn how to take care of your biggest organ: your skin.
Several charts show best time to plant vegetables in accordance with blooming time of perennials.
A helpful chart for those wanting to grow their own garden vegetables.
Chart showing how to space your vegetables in the garden and how to care for your plants.
Is soy a smart food to include in a healthy diet?
Every 7 minutes, someone in Canada dies of a heart attack or stroke. Cardiovascular disease is a leading cause of death and magnesium deficiency is a major contributing factor.
Can plants really communicate? Ask Dr. Mercola.
Carrageenan, a food additive made from seaweed, could be harmful.
Mammogram screening is becoming increasingly popular in North America. But is it the safest way to screen for breast cancer?
Jean Handwerk explains the connection between modern wheat and many averse health effects.
Is chocolate really that bad? If so, what are the alternatives?
Find practical ideas for dealing with depression in these articles about symptoms and treatments.
It has been shown that a vegan diet can provide all the body’s needs and can be followed without fear.
Does Eat Right For Your Type by Dr. Peter J. D’Adamo align with Scripture and science?
Even if you don’t feel sick, your digestion may be poor enough to slowly poison your system. No, this isn’t simply a theory, but the conclusion from years of laboratory testing and clinical experience. Autointoxication is real.
The fever is perhaps the most overtreated health symptom of all.
Tony de Morais explains the wide spectrum of uses for clay.
In 1971 President Nixon and Congress declared war on cancer. So what's happened in the 40 years since? After weeding out the hype and filling in the actual statistics, it turns out, not much.
Can anything be done to prevent common illnesses?
Don't let dentists put this poison in your mouth!
A look at the health benefits of potatoes.
Dr. Roy Swank found that the diets of those with Multiple Sclerosis can make a difference in their prognosis.
Take a closer look at the safety of midwife-assisted home births versus hospital births.
When you open the fridge to grab a snack, consider simple, healthy alternatives to sugar-filled munchies and beverages.
A quick reference list of healthful, dairy-free ways to get your calcium.
Find information on the products that Jeanie Davis recommends in Healthy from Inside Out
Learn the best, natural mixture to use when cleaning fresh veggies and fruit.
When shopping for groceries, check the labels for carrageenan, a thickening agent scientists are blaming for various gastrointestinal illnesses.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recently released an air quality model to show that more than 9 in 10 people live in areas that have unsafe levels of air pollution.
Food borne illness is on the increase worldwide. In most cases, animal products are implicated as the main source of infection.
Health is about more than just diet or exercise.
Inject some fun into your food routine with these healthy meal ideas.
Pain pills aren't always the best way to deal with aches and soreness. Various therapies—including vibrational therapy—can have you on the road to recovery.
Some fruits and vegetables should not be eaten together, as they can react and cause digestive issues.
Have you considered carob as an alternative to chocolate? See for yourself the impact chocolate can have on your health.
Learn about the acidity or alkalinity of your favorite foods.
Excitotoxins cause physical and spiritual destruction.
Is consuming alcohol ever a good idea?
Smoking leads to massive amounts of sickness and death every year.
Maybe vegetarianism is the best option after all...
Get the truth about lactose, calcium, and the need for caution around dairy products.
The agriculture industry is fast becoming reliant on genetically modified foods. Learn the facts about GMOs and the effects this trend is having on health worldwide.
Diabetes is spreading across North America. Is there anything we can do to stop this killer disease?
Refined sugar is addictive, destructive, and devoid of any nutritional value. Why does it continue to be a staple food across the world?
There are now over 3,000 additives in our foods. Incredibly, only 7% have any nutritional value.
Do the stimulating benefits of coffee really outweigh the costs?
Most of the bread products consumed today are made of refined grains. Are our breakfast cereals and "fortified" loaves as healthy as we like to think?
Vaccination began 200 years ago as an experimental life-saving medical tool. While it originally had some merit, today it has become perhaps the leading cause of death and disability among our children.
Music enters the brain through its emotional regions, which include the temporal lobe and the limbic system.
Plant medicine safety pale in comparison to the promotional and safety practices of the mainstream drug industry.
If God made the world, and our bodies, then the Creation story can give us clues about how we should live for optimum health. But how did what God called "good" transform into a dog-eat-dog world of carnivores, thorns, parasites, and other ugly aspects of Creation?
If God made everything so good, why are there so many problems? Are thorns and weeds evolved adaptations or changes in Creation?
This article uses pieces of nature, such as the genome, the cell, and even the eye, as evidence that God is the Creator of all things.
It seems clear that organisms change over time. But why? Is it evolution?
Some call it cacophony and are driven to madness; others find it the most beautiful event in all of creation—the dawn chorus of the birds.
There are many types of water available today. Some are better for your health than others.
Learn why drinking at least 2.5L of water per day is vital to your body's health at any age.
Fluoride in drinking water has been linked to decline in IQ and may cause health issues.